|Make a Smilebox greeting|
Archives for May 2009
Waiting is hard. If you’ve ever waited in line at Walmart, or in the doctor’s office or on hold…you know what I’m talking about. Our culture hates to wait. We want everything right now. So needless to say, waiting for a baby to be born can be quite the challenge! I’ve had my low points but now that I know the baby will be here at least by Thursday (sheduled c-section) I can look back on the the last few weeks and be so thankful for all the things I’ve been able to do while waiting:
1. go on a date with my hubby to see Star Trek (fun movie by the way)
2. play kitchen and baby doll with my sweet Caroline
3. attend numerous high school graduation parties
4. hang out with all the hubsters at the cove cookout
5. see my husband dive into a baby pool (twice) at church…illustrating our need to be immersed with God (1 Tim 4:15)
6. swim in granddad’s pool and watch Caroline literally dive into her baby pool
7. get a new phone
8. go to a cookout and play apples to apples
9. watch movies and snuggle on the couch
10. relax in the hammock
11. go to cracker barrel for breakfast and Brusters for ice cream
12. have neighbors over for dinner
13. go to a wedding reception
14. play catch phrase with my c-group girls
15. keep my house clean for two weeks in a row
I’m sure there’s even more if I stop to think about the small things that have happend. Ultimately, God is in control of all the small details in our lives, but it has taken this waiting process to get me to remember that it is ALWAYS his plan that prevails.
I’ve thought a lot about Psalm 139 (for obvious reasons):
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. (NIV)
This last part has been a comfort in the waiting, just knowing that our son’s days are ordained and written out even now before one day has come to be. God know’s this child’s birthday, and every other day for the rest of eternity. He loves this child more than I ever will be able to. What an awesome creator and God we serve! “I praise him because I am fearfully and wonderfully made!!!!”
So if you are waiting for something in your life, don’t miss what happening in the now, and also never lose sight of your awesome creator and his plan for your life.
I am sorry that I have been intentionally avoiding my blog over the last few weeks! There are times when I don’t blog because I can’t think of anything I’m wanting to write about or share, but this time it seems that there is just so much on my mind that I’m not sure how to sort out the tangled mess of thoughts to express them here. But this morning I felt a fresh motivation to try to get some of them down here…
1. We’ll start with the most fun thing, Benjamin’s Nursery. I feel that all my hours of watching HGTV have payed off with his room 😉 I just love how it turned out. I’m still wanting to add a small rug, some storage baskets, a shelf for books, and a lamp however, the room looks pretty good as is. I love the way the stripe turned out, and the bedding is just perfect but I’m most proud perhaps of how the glider turned out. It was my first time reupholstering anything, and It came out beautiful. It really wasn’t as difficult as I had anticipated. I have to say a GINORMOUS thank you to Katie who helped me every Wednesday for a month on getting everything together. Here are some pictures for ya.
More thoughts later!